RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitroplanes Shipped Junk Seniorita
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 05:12 AM
MartyH
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitroplanes Shipped Junk Seniorita

I just opened the box to my Airbourne Models Tamecat 40. It's replacing a Hangar 9 Tango that I use for Winter ski flying. The Tango was ok but the covering job was always loosening at seams even though I carefully laid everything down with an iron beforee I built it 5 years ago. It's never been crashed but I retired it because the covering finally began falling off everywhere. Anyway, I just looked at the Tamecat. What a complete piece of crap! I'm going to strip the covering and put real monokote on it to give it a chance. It will serve it's function of Winter ski flying but I'm glad I wasnt expecting more from it. I would have rathered bought this as a kit if it were available because I'm going to have to work backwards to go forward. This was my first and will be my last Airbourne brand ARF.
I own 3 Nitro Planes ARFs and they're pretty crappy too. It takes a lot of engineering and redoing to make them right. I like the Bobcat 50 I have, the 80" Extra I havent built looks like it'll go together ok but the 40 size Katana (CMP) I'm puting together for my son is a nightmare!!! I have way more time invested trying to make stuff work than I would have had I built a kit.

Marty