RCU Forums - View Single Post - HELP WITH ST. CROIX/CRESSLINE LONG EZ KIT
Old 12-19-2010, 09:08 AM
danstrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HELP WITH ST. CROIX/CRESSLINE LONG EZ KIT

Apologies, I checked my tank and the "stock" size by the plans is 6oz, but I bought an 8oz tank. It's a tight fit though that wouldn't leave much room for anti-vibration foam, so I was actually debating dropping back down to the smaller size. Historically, the Long EZ is an efficient design, so I was thinking it actually would be cool with the smaller tank, assuming I wasn't flying at full throttle the whole time of course :-)

I did glass the wing. It doesn't seem there would be much structure otherwise! I upped the layup schedule a bit for a little more comfort factor without adding terribly much weight. I can tell there is some twist left in the wing, so it'll be interesting to see if she flutters. Scary! I haven't glassed the fuselage yet, but that is definitely in the plans. That way I can paint the whole plane so it's the same color and surface finish texture. I was thinking of copying the cowl in glass for the same reason, so it paints the same way the wing & fuselage do.

I should note that the 2" extension only is more nose weight. It doesn't move the nose gear any further forward. In order to get a more scale nose gear angle and location, I would have to move the retract location. Hm.

Dan