RCU Forums - View Single Post - 9309 & Opto Kill switch setup
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 03:07 PM
Big Windy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9309 & Opto Kill switch setup

I have a new second gasser heli (other on a 9C) and am trying to install a Stator Gator Gov pick up and an Opto magneto kill switch on the gear channel. I am also using a Spectrum 7100R reveiver. The Kill switch and Gov pickup share the same input via the gear channel, which I am told should work. I do not see how the kill switch wil be activated, but it does appear the gear switch shows movement on the servo veiw when toggled. Unfortunately the magneto version kill switch has no indicator light to show on or off.

Can anyone confirm if the Opto magneto kill switch and stator Gator can cohabitate on the gear channel (as I have hear they will)? If so what is the appropriate setup procedure?
Does the gear switch function as the kill switch or can it be assigned to a different switch and how? If on the gear switch how can you tell if on or off initially?
What is the appropriate govenor starting set up for a Rev Max? On my 9c you calculate or start at 70% and work up. I saw a reference on the 9309 to 10% and 20%.

Is there somewhere is can get more information on the 9309/PUH231/magneto kill witch/ and magneto Stator Gator setup?

Thanks for any help possible.