RCU Forums - View Single Post - A few questions from a new guy
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 09:21 AM
RBean

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: A few questions from a new guy

I had a 15 year layoff from RC. Previously I had a ARF P-40 with a 90 FS and a Top Flight Corsair with a YS 120. So I already had some warbird experience. When I got back into RC after the long break I started off with the Flight Sim and then a little cub park flyer. Then an 60 size Extra 300 from Graupner. Then a VQ Hurricane with a 91 FS. At first that Hurricane was a hand full but ok now. I now have a couple of 71" wing span warbirds with gas engines. A KMP/ESM Hurricane and a CMP Zero. I also have a Top Flight Mustang ARF. Don't start off again with the ESM Mustang. Keep in mind that on every take off you will need to keep it straight and with gradual climb out until good flying speed is obtained. These larger models take longer to accelate. Also every landing needs to be good with some power almost to the ground or you will damage the gear, gear mounting, wing or worst. Get a low wing tail wheel aerobactic or sports plane and fly it until you can do straight smooth take offs with gradual climb outs and do consistant good wheel landing and three points. Join a club and get some one with RC warbird experience help set up and test fly and trim the Mustang. Then fly the Mustang.