View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 01:25 PM
91zulu
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A few questions from a new guy

ORIGINAL: P-40K-5

Zulu,
you mentioned that sims were ''not the same as the real thing''.. I think there are a number of USAF/ NAVY/ NASA pilots that would
disagree with you
They should disagree, they get to play with the good stuff that we can`t even get close to. They have million dollar sims to play with it better be as good as the planes they will be flying. For us though our sims have a few short comings. Its good only up to certain point then the learning curve goes flat. I could remember the endless hours I spent on Realflt. G2. It was good for a bit then it became more like a game. Trust me from the time you get to the field and unload your stuff, you realize this is no longer the sim this is real. If I screw up there is no pressing the reset button. I can`t tell you how many times I get to the field , winds calm but by the time I crank up the engine it starts to blow all over the place. I taxi out and its gusting. I do`nt about you folks but I never had the same 2 take off or landing no matter the conditions in 20 years. A lot of things can change in an instant while you are flying.