RCU Forums - View Single Post - Having Radios Serviced
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 01:56 PM
Gary496

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Having Radios Serviced

I'm glad some one has had good sevice from Radio South. I have not. South rec'd my radio, a Hitec Eclipse with out the Spectra feature, the middle of last April. The dual rate switch didn't work and I wanted a channel/crystal change. I finally got the radio back in Mid July. By the way my credit card was debited in May for the cost of the repairs. I didn't check out the radio for a couple of weeks, but when I did, it didn't work. Put a Spectra module in it and it worked fine. Call Tony, and returned just the crystal module. After about a month I called to find out the disposition of the radio.It is now 3rd week of Aug.. Tony, very short, told me that It had been shipped, but he didn't have time to look up when it had been shipped. I wait for 2 weeks and no radio, I called again this time I was told, it had the wrong cyrstal and he said Hitec was the hold up as they did not have my cyrstal in stock. I thought that a little strange ,so I immeditley called Hitec CS to find out if they had my Cystral in stock and guess what, they did. I told them that Tony suggested that they did not have. The CS rep. mentioned that Tony was on the other line and Tony no longer had an account with them.(I don't know why he shared that info?). Now it is the 1st of Oct. and I rec'd the cystal module, guess what the radio still didn't work. Oct. 5 returned the module, Oct. 15 Tony called and said the problem was a mis- marked crystal, problem solved and that he would get right on it. Well, it is Dec. 21 and still no radio.

I don't understand it, the time it is taking. I should have sent to Hitec in first place. Live and learn. Looking back, for the money I spent, I should have just converted
to 2.4. Oh well.... LOL
gary