RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System
Old 12-22-2010, 08:19 PM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

= Original from A.T.

This question
"I have asked just above if there is a removable part of the transmitter case that goes from the very bottom to the very top and includes both the battery and the antenna " was answered

url=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=10212292]Post #3108[/url.
The line just above does not work as a URL even when the brackets are left on.
The picture clearly shows thecomplete rear and user removable parts of an Aurora 9

I suppose you are referrring to the picture in post #3108.
No doubt it shows the "user removable parts" but those parts are not obvious. It is that picture that led me to confirm that a part is removable from thevery bottom to the very top including the antenna. One cannot decide by hinself what is rmovable and what is not in that picture. I suspected that the black part comes out but I do not see what holds it in.
At the lower area where the battery would fit there is two vertical edges that are black but the horizontal part joining the two verical edges just mentioned is brownish but it appears to me to be all one piece.

Then near the top of the case on the left side right beside the black 1 there is a tab (with three small recesses) that apear as being part of the same piece as the recessed area where the RF module is located. I assumed that all that is rermovable and would come out including the antenna mount on the top.

and that the battery is housed in a separate pocket with relativebattery and door visible at the side. I see about half of a sliding cover andI see only about 1/2 of a light green item with two wires (orange and black which have apparently been cut at the end and have no connectors. It does not obviously apper as being a battery unless we know so (which you do).

That picture and others is from
Aurora A9 - Transmitter Mode & Stick Tension Change.
which and more is under
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features .
Wherever that stuff is . . . .
also provding the answer to your question was:
"3. The dimensions of the battery compartment are 110 x 45.5 x 16 (L x W x H).
Those dimesions are not important. It is obvious the battery supplied fits in.
Refer pictures Aurora Battery Compartment posts #643 and #644.
Post #644 has nothing about battery compartment. Post 643 has no picture of the battery compartment and I went to all three links and found nothing concening the battery compartment of the A9 .
Note page 13 of manual -
Sorry I cannot note page 13. I do not have a manual of the A9 .
Remove Lipol batteries and charge externally. refer:
Hitec Aurora, Eclipse, Flash, Optic, Prism series - Field and Fast Charging"

Alan T.
Alan,

I know you are really trying to help but it just does not work.
I still am not sure of what parts (area) of the back is removable.
I do not know yet if the antenna is mounted at the top on what is the same piece that is removable and would come off with the module.
I asked but still do not know if the A9 can use a 72 Mhz module and antenna As I wrote so it could be used as a backup for the JRXP7202 .

As I already said ___let us forget the subject. There is no point in carrying this on.

Just enjoy your last minute shopping. I presume that you are celebrating Christmas there in summer time. Here we are dreaming of a white Christmas (snow).

Thanks again from Zor.