RCU Forums - View Single Post - What to build...
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 07:05 PM
DeferredDefect

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What to build...

Thanks for the replies - but you're too late!

Thismorning I was reading an old Model Aviation magazine, and came across an article on 1/2 A racing.
You can imagine what happened.

The result:

I carved a blue foam wing core and a two layer blue foam fuselage. The wing and fuselage were then covered in lightblue Towercoat.I then cut the horizontal stabiliser and elevator from balsa sheet and covered them as well. The vertical stabiliser is built up; hollowed balsa sheet core with balsa strip structure, covered in day-glo orange Towercoat. I could have made the model a one piece affair, but instead went fora retro band on wing. The engine was attached to a ply plate glued to the front of the fuselage, and the tank immediately behind. The reciever battery is located here as well. I used two 9 gram Tower Pro servos: One for the elevator, the other for the ailerons. No rudder was installed, but I may do so if I find I need it!

All in all, a pretty enjoyable one day build! If it flies, I saved myself the cost of supplies for an equivilant model. If not, I'll start over and build something else!

Graeme

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	if10424.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	1537810