RCU Forums - View Single Post - new castle creation neu 1406 4 pole 35/50 motors
Old 12-29-2010, 02:44 AM
powerslider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new castle creation neu 1406 4 pole 35/50 motors

The SCT motor is a 1410 series, it is longer than the 1406 series and has more power. I have both motors in Firestorms, the 3800 on 3s is a good overpowered setup. I only run it offroad in a large area and have yet to be able to pull full throttle without a blowover. The 1406 5700 is strong on the low end but flattens out a little once you build some speed so I can squeeze full throttle out of it running a 19t pinion on 2s. Heat has not been an issue on either. The 4 pole motors are much more efficient vs the 2 polers so they make power not excessive heat.
Another option to consider for your high speed needs is the new 2400 kv offering, you could run this on 4s and gear for whatever speed you want. This is a 1415 series 70mm long so it's a monster for an ST, you can set 2 2s packs on there sides in the battery tray and install 55mm bolts in place of the stock battery retention bolts to secure them. The extra weight will help a little in keeping the front down but you'll still have to be easy on the throttle. I run 5oz of lead in the front of my 3s powered Storm and it helps.

A 3rd Storm I have setup with the SCT motor on 2s with a 26t pinion and again it runs similar to the 3s Storm, stronger than the 1406. I don't have any weight in the front of this one so it pretty much will wheelie at will and is hard to get to full throttle without the front end going skyward.

One of my Blitz's I have setup for 4s using a 36/50 4 pole 2200kv Medusa and in short grass with 2.8 Imex step pins mounted on the rear the grass shredding roost is most impressive, wheelies on command there also-very fun to drive. Thankfully we have a lot of good options now for power and that should continue to get better with time...