RCU Forums - View Single Post - King Motors Baja Review with pictures
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 01:34 PM
DanLC4
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: King Motors Baja Review with pictures

ORIGINAL: Tumtuk

I recieved my KM baja from Dan just before Christmas and I must say I am impressed! I was worried about the clones and researched them alot before buying one. I am glad I bought it from Dan!

Here is what I found with my buggie. Everything was, for the most part, perfect! There were a couple things that needed to be addressed before I fired it up and ran it but they cant be attributed to Dan, they were just setup problems.

1) The steering was centered using just the sub trim (the servo horn wasent centered) easy fix, zeroed all the trims, centered servo and moved horn.
2) The steering links on the servo horn and sterring turn buckles where a bit loose, tighten them up np
3) With the tuned pipe installed the rear wing would sit on the pipe when mounted, again easy fix installed a couple of rubber washers in between wing and mounts to lift it up off the pipe. Can not tell they are there and looks great.

Other that those, everything looks perfect and after a few warm-up runs I tuned the carb and the thing screams! I have some parts on order now to upgrade fuel lines,all outerwears covers for pull start engine and air filter and upgraded air filter (the stock ones are so much of a PITA to remove and install).

One thing Dan, the little cd that came with the kit was cracked lol cant play it. It isnt a problem but I am thinking it shows more about the radio settings. If anyone can post something that shows all the settings on the radio

Here are a few pics.
Looks good! I wish everyone would go over their buggies better before they ran it... I would save me a lot of grief. :-)
I can send you another cd... no problem just email me your address.
when you are ready get the dom clone pipe from me for $50... it will give your 23cc a kick. :-)

Thanks for the great feedback.

Dan