RCU Forums - View Single Post - Boomerang Nano!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 06:52 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Boomerang Nano!!!

Have fun, its a great little flyer.. I did shift the CG a little more forward than the book to get it to track smoother. about 1/2 inch or 12mm more forward.. It also makes it stick when you land it better. Started out with 10 inches, then 10.5, then 11 and settled on 11..

Another option on Gas is the kevlar tank that is available.. its 79 oz.. I have that and its really nice. I usually fill it most way and not use the taxi tank, so its about 70oz at takeoff. good six minutes with a couple go arounds, and a bit to spare.. but thats alot of fuel weight for the P60.. I would stick with the 50oz, and a 8 ounce hopper. I flew mine with the wren 70 on the 50oz tank at 5 minutes though, with little issues, but it didn't leave alot of margin.. the good news is on this bird... just drop the gear/flaps and chop it and land it like you do with your U Can Do or pattern bird.. its a breeze to land..

the flap has alot of drag, so watch getting slow.. I backed off the throw to about 45 degrees to get rid of the pitch change and sensitivity..