RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tornado S30 What happened???
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 07:53 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Tornado S30 What happened???

ORIGINAL: jpowell189

Is there that much oil in the rear diff? Where can I get steel CVD's? Thanks.
i dont think the oil is from the rear diff. its very likely that your engine is still rich and the oil is comming from the exhaust. i have never seen or heard of a stock diff breaking in such a way that it got oil all over the place. redcat doesnt put much lub in the case to start with.
its ver common to have alot of oil on the side of the chassis that the muffler is on.
you said this was the 1st run after breakin, so im assuming is the 1st time you had it going fast. the speed cause the oil coming out of the exhaust to spray back on the chassis.
you should also check the bolts that hold the exhaust manifold to the motor, as well as the bolts that hold the cooling head to the motor. if any of them are alittle loose, then some fuel/oil could be coming from there.

i can get you the steel cvd's. URChobby.com most likely has them as well. you might even be able to find them on ebay.
i just bought some for my volcano.
you are looking at about $35 shipped for a set of 4 cvd's.
but i havent had my stock dogbones break often. its possible that there was too much play in the drive cups(causing the dogbones to move around to much)
its a common practice to put a small piece of fuel tubing in the drive cup, to hold the dogbone in place while still allowing it to move alittle with the suspension. a pair of stock dogbones is $12.