RCU Forums - View Single Post - King Motors Baja Review with pictures
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 12:25 PM
RockeePetrolHead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: King Motors Baja Review with pictures

Hi all, newby to RC Universe but many years with Heli's and 1/8 nitro buggys. So as this thread is about KM buggies just thought I would let you all know what I have Bought and the experience of the car so far.
New KM 2.0 delivered from UK seller 3 days ago,after a good look through the buggy I was very pleased at the changes that have been made (changes with reference to the problems I have noted in this thread/site) ,so I have made a quick list of things that are of note:

Pull start mechanism on my model is made from aluminium with aluminium pawls,aluminium diff cases,lots of lovely aluminium,2.4 GHZ radio set up.
 Steering servo was not correctly centred,just adjusted radio and reset horn position.
 Nut's and bolts's generally tight but lost four screws from front lower A arm bearing holders,replace/loctite.
Engine is the 29cc Fuelie engine,I am a bit confusd about this,is fuelie a brand or type of engine? as this head/barrel also has KM cast onto it. 

First start up 25:1 ratio oil/fuel, 3 pulls and huge grin as the realisation occured that this size engine has the smell and sound of a 2 stroke MX bike,love it!!!
Day one saw 2 tanks of fuel through it and I could feel the engine making more power all the time as it loosened up,at the end of tank 2 did some low and high end tuning on the carb screws.
Day two and after a total check of all bolts etc all good to go,ran a full tank adjusted high end a little and let her rip, absolute blast!!

For the money that these buggies sell for I honestly think that the value for money is superb, I love the size of the whole 1/5 scale scene and cant wait for decent weather to get to a local MX track.

It is only because of this thread that I was averted from buying the HPI version,and thanks to all of the people of this forum who put in both positive and negative input into this thread I am now very happy with what I have purchased,the KM suits what I do at the right price and is a quality item, some parts are not as good as the HPI but who cares when you have £300 UK pounds left over to play with.