RCU Forums - View Single Post - T-6A Texan II 75-91 ARF build suggestions
Old 01-05-2011, 08:26 AM
bob418
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T-6A Texan II 75-91 ARF build suggestions

Deuce

Thanks for the pictures, they will help me with my decals and tell your son thanks for his service!

Ihave about 6 suggestions so far on my build, this is my first build and Iam trying to take my time!

Ihave set the plane up with a Eflite Power 90 and am using 8 cell lipos at 5000 maH - should have LOTSof power!!!

But I will watch out for tip stalls at slow speeds!!!!

Here are my findings

Ifigured a way to use 1/2 PVCpipe and fittings to help align the Electric Conversion kit (mounting box) see my pictures - this took a while to fid the right PVCbut it made the glue up very easy!! (Ialso added 2 allen head screws and blind nuts (Idid not want a failure to wreck a plane!) Iused a 1/2 fitting to align the mounting box to the fire wall and then put in a 1/2 inch pipe to align the Eflite Motor mount to the mounting box. This worked out really well and everything is perfectly aligned!

The retract pans were a bit of a pain, Iended up cutting the covering over the holes like a pizza and then i put the pans under the covering and epoxy the pans to the wing (i did not want to just glue the pans to the covering - but if Ihad the chance to do it again Iwould have not cut the covering all the way to the pan and try to get a smoother look to the pans (again Iam new to building, so Ilearn with each step)

The star and bar decal on the fuselage is of poor quality and the red strip and the blue covering can be seen through the decal- Iwill have to find new ones

The glue up of wing, rudder and rear stabilizer went very well, no real issues!

The battery hatch for the fuel tank or batteries are head in place by rare earth magnets and are NEARimpossible to get off. Iend up putting a small amour of tape on both batteries just to weaken their hold, as Icould not get them off with damage to the hatch

Finally - the canopy is suppose to be held on by 4 screws and Ifigure that this would be ripped off in flight at some point, so with some suggestions from Joe at Sky Ranch Flyers, Iwill be putting in 9 small button headed screws down both sides of the canopy to give it a great look!!! and straight!!

Istill have servos and so details to put on the plane, but is getting close!! Now all Ihave to do is wait until warmer weather!!

Thanks!

Iwill post somemore pictures