RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need Advice Coming back to rc cars after 10+ years
Old 01-06-2011, 12:50 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Need Advice Coming back to rc cars after 10+ years

ORIGINAL: DEMON1C

I have what I think is a first generation Traxxas Bandit that has been sitting in the closet collecting dust for close to 10 years. I would like to get back in to this hobby but need some advice on getting this car close to todays standards if possible without emptying my wallet. I need to get a new battery (the old one was a 1500mah 6cell which only gave me about 15 minutes of running time on one charge) with todays new batteries out is it possible to get more than roughly 15 minutes of running time on 1 charge? if so what will I need to acheive this? Motor?ESC? This car is totally stock and I have been out of the RC Car hobby for over 10 years. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. the only thing I would rather avoid is buy a new car all together since i am on a tight budget and want to spend as little as possible (hopefully ($100 maximum if possible). Attached is a pic of my car.

[img][/img]

Thanks in advance for any help.
If the electronics still work get a new battery and go drive.
They still sell every part you will need if you break anything seeing they still sell that model virtually unchanged
A 5000mah batter would probably give around 40 minutes of run time if you were hitting 15 on a 1500mah battery.
Just buy a good charger should cost like $30-40 for a charger.