RCU Forums - View Single Post - Difficult Arfs!
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Arrow IV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Difficult Arfs!

NCIS what does being a full scale pilot have to do with RC??? The only thing the two have in common is they both have wings and propellers (unless of course you’re a jet guy, feel free to adjust) beyond that were talking apples and aircraft carriers, I mean really?...
The only person who is wrong is the guy who looks at another guy doing his thing and says he’s wrong, hello Stars and Stripes, Free Country, besides if we were all the same it get a might boring right quick round here…
But if you must have a justification for the old ARFs here you go: I spent 184 man hours building an AT-6 (kit), man it seemed like it would never end… You guessed it sports fans, crashed it on the first flight… I think I got about 4 minutes of flight time… (insert expletives here) SO ARF ME BABY!!!
You builders out there, even if you don’t think so, you DO get the tip of the cap from the guys at the field when you bring out your babies. I’ve seen some guys build some stunning aircraft, works of art actually. Kudos to you guys with that skill set, patients and expertise, its most impressive!
In conclusion, Mr. NCIS, next time you go to the field and see some ace tearing up the sky, defying logic and what seems to be physics, when he lands and after you close your mouth, ask him where he bought his ARF!!! Roll with it my man, roll with it. You don’t get a whole lot of choices in this world, but you definitely get to choose what attitude you adopt in EVERY situation. Words to live by from Arrow IV, office hours are M-F 9:00-5:00, walk-ins welcome!!!