View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 03:57 PM
pcarbin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/8 scale TopFlite Corsair Mods

ORIGINAL: CorsairJock

ORIGINAL: corsair 04

corsairjock:

i'm a new memeber and think this thread is great.i'm building my 1st plane now.the looks of the corsair are so cool...it was by far my 1st choice...things are going very well.i've finished my wing stab and rudder..and am half way done with the fuse.just getting into the mechanics before i finish the sheeting....and i'm glad i found this site ..i plane on adding ...alot of these mods...the one i've had the most trbl with is in your post #87.....i've been looking for the vaccu-formed 50. cal machine guns...and as i've read futher i noticed you made them and we're offering them for sale...is this still true ?....and if so how may i purchase them?

keep up the good work
thanks in advance
It's always great to hear that there will be more well finished, scale looking Corsairs out there, and I really hope I can get the opportunity to meet some of you someday, and fly our Corsairs together.

As for the machine guns: I have turned over my molds to Dan Gipe, who is the current owner of Wing Mfg. Dan is a member of my club (ThunderBirds R/C Club of Kalamazoo/ Galesburg, MI). Wing Mfg produces MANY scale add on parts for warbirds, including the drop tanks I mentioned a few posts ago. So, Dan will be selling these (altho not yet listed on his web-site) for $5 a set + shipping. He will bring some to sell at the Toledo show (Wing Mfg. booth).
I have been selling a few sets for him also. My price is the same, but I include some instructions AND a scale size (1/8) drawing of the wing underside. I charge $5 for Priority Mail/ delivery confimation shipping, for a total of $10 (for 1 set, additional sets do not need extra shipping charges). Due to the fact that these are a low cost, nil profit item (not worth the time it takes to advertise/ package/ take to post office/ etc.), I now only accept payment via verified PayPal (which will include your shipping address with payment notication) on these, as it simplifies the process. I would prefer that PayPal funding does not originate from your credit card, as PayPal takes a cut out those payments. If you can make a non-credit card funded PayPal paymet, send it to ''[email protected]'' and I will get them out to you. If you absolutely must use a credit card, e-mail me at the address above and I will provide you with a different e-mail address, which you can make payment to.

Thanks, and hope to see some of you this coming summer. Still looking for a warbird flying somewhere near US 41, between Gary, IN and Madisonville, KY, Labor Day weekend. Let me know.

Corsairjock,

Are the machine guns still available? I searched on the Wing Mfg site, and was not able to find them.

Thanks, Paul