RCU Forums - View Single Post - Difficult Arfs!
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 05:24 PM
Nitro-Tom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Difficult Arfs!

ORIGINAL: kwblake

Now, I'm really sorry that I got sucked into this.

Funny story here...so my friend "Bill" (We'll call him) got sucked into this hobby, his brother worked at our LHS and seeing pictures of me fly, etc........

So he started out with an Electric Ready to fly, I think an Aprentice.....your basic trainer, but electric foam job....

Then he goes out like a week later and buys a Top Flight Gold Arf, AT-6 Texan .90 sized as his second plane...and a 27% giant scale (Extra) from Great planes, all the servos, Zenoah engine, etc.....all at once on closeout.....

He calls me up the next day and says "Dude.....this hobby involves Glue!".......All I want to do is fly!

He then paid our local "Scratch Builder" to "Assemble" both those ARF's for him.....hansomly[:-] I am sure.....as that is alot of work.

I guess the moral of the story is some people just want to fly, and would be ok with a kit involving "Just add Water" and poof! A plane!

Not all of us want to sit on the bench for 100+ hours "Building"....while I am okay with that....it seems wrong to not respect others who are not into "Building" since after all , the hobby is really about FLYING!!!!!

If it was not, we would all have nothing but "Hangar Queens" and sit around talking about our "builds" all day.......doesn't sound like as much fun as flying, does it?