RCU Forums - View Single Post - the BIG one
Thread: the BIG one
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 04:41 PM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: the BIG one

I have never tried anything that "ignites" easier than them.
Funny you should say that Lars, because I find the exact opposite. [&:]
I have trouble getting them to ignite/arc, but once they get going they work a lot better than the General purpose rods.
They create a lot of "crust" as well which pops off rather violently and usually ends up down the back of my shirt (or lower[:@])

Well, I'm off to the scrapyards to do some scavenging.
Still need lots of bits and pieces for this build.

Once I've finished the bottom half of the frame it's time for the thing I always dread the most - THE STEERING

I am working on a C-Hub setup with fully adjustable camber and toe.
Not taking any shortcuts with this build, and spending lots of time measuring and trying to stay 3 steps ahead of myself at all times, which is always a challenge.

I'm feeling more confident this time around though and what I've learned so far from all my projects I listed in the first post is being put to use.

It's funny too the comments/reactions you get from people when you tell them you're working on a steel framed RC car over a meter long.
Was talking to a bloke the other day who's in to nitro and electric and he just could't come to grips with the size and weight of the car.
As he's all about speed and doing jumps etc, he kept saying "But it's gonna be too heavy".
I tried to tell him, it's not about going fast and jumping 2 meters in the air, it's about the challenge of engineering something from scratch and having fun whilst building.
The motor is designed to pull about 100Kg at 50km/h so I think it's gonna be strong enough to pull a 20-30 kilo car. (Or however much it will weigh once finished)

He still didn't get it.

Ah well...