RCU Forums - View Single Post - CD ScaleDesigns Albatros CI build
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 03:32 AM
abufletcher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: CD ScaleDesigns Albatros CI build

I'm tempted just to let those 5mm slide. It would be so much simpler if I didn't have to cut off the bottom (which I know is flat and level because of how the master was constructed).

But Flying Fox's great work on his crankcase inspired me to "fake it" with the illusion of looking down on the whole thing. I can use some shading to create the impression of depth. So I started looking at the top view to use as a template and base for the dummy. Unfortunately, the drawings I'm using (from the DF) are both degraded and partially suspect. For example, the side view doesn't like up perfectly with the top view and I had already determined that the cylinder details weren't quite right. Also the sides of the crankcase (for example the bolt holes) aren't exactly aligned. So I decided to use my old trick of copying half and mirroring it to create a symmetrical drawing.

And in doing that I noticed something VERY interesting! The cylinders are NOT centered on the engine center line! As a non-engineer that seems very bizarre to me. Is that normal? Or is this an error in the drawing?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94023.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	1545682