RCU Forums - View Single Post - Local RC Clubs a rip off!
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 03:25 PM
killakelz44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Local RC Clubs a rip off!

I am new to this hobby, and wanted to get some help with my new helicopters. I looked around for some rc clubs in my area and found a few. All say that you'll need you AMA license, along with a fee to join their club. Also on their websites they state that they have experienced heli pilots, and they are always at the field. With that said i have been to all of my local rc clubs. All of them are just a bunch of airplane lovers who have no experience in helicopters and are pretty much not interested in my questions. One thing all of them have told me is that they have a few heli guys in the club and they only come to the field on saturday mornings. Ok, so i go to the fields numerous times and not once have i seen a person with a heli or with knowledge of helis. Meanwhile the field officers for these clubs are constantly trying to get me to cut them a check for membership!!!! To hell with these fools! Ive been going with this whole hobby by doing my own research, and trial and error! Im not rich but i have no choice if i choose to indulge myself in this cool hobby. Is there anyone else here that is feeling/felt my pain? Please comment....