RCU Forums - View Single Post - Caution, BLAST AREA
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2003, 02:12 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Caution, BLAST AREA

Originally posted by GraupnerFan
sorry but i have to correct that statement. all airplanes make wake turbulence. the only time it isn't noticeable is on take off or landing roll. it starts at the point of liftoff and stops at the touchdown point. however, it is at its strongest when the plane is heavy, clean,(no flaps or gear) and slow. the contrails you see coming off of full scale planes is in a sense wake turbulence. it comes from the two halves of the airflow going over the wings coming together. the pressure must equal to the normal outside pressure. Bernoulli's principal of lift is that the higher airflow speed over the top of the wing is at less pressure than that going around the bottom half. but they must equal when they are off of the trailing edge of the wing.
and yes, prop wash will get your models too!!!

sorry for the buzzkill, but just wanted to clear that up if anyone got confused.

Sorry, guess I didnt make it clear, as I know everything you said but didnt want to put a dictionary statement in this thread. Flying normally to me= wings making lift. If you look at the pics the planes are hovering, therefore no lift, no wake turbulence.

I fly 3D, and full scale aircraft.