View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 04:09 PM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: COMP-ARF A-4 BUILD

ORIGINAL: bang68

Hello !

On mine I just used my small Lipo Dremel with a 90 deg gearbox from the top and ''adjusted'' the predrilled holes in the frames.

Front gear fitted underside as per CARF instruction (also the right and only way to spread the load on the intire woodrail) - first through the canopy -> all forward in the nose section withhout the electronic tray fitted (slightly angled nose wheel) -> backwards clearing the wood former and under the rail - bingo :-)

Hoses fitted before the assy is shoehorned in .-)

Peace of cake when you have worked with old italian cars for ages :-)

It one needs to be fitted 2 times from my point of view - one trial and next painted and hoses fitted !

David S : Before I fitted the tanks , I glued the intakes in place, trimmed the complete ducting and fitted the rear carbon duct and then adjusted the tanks with respect to spacing and equal distance to the ducting - just a small comment .-)

Regards from Denmark

Peter Bang
Peter,

Beautiful work! Thanks for the observation. I can use all of the help I can get! My intake ductings were not evenly installed on the intakes from the factory, so no way to get the tanks exactly even, other than to push them both further to the rear, which I didn't want to do. I don't have ducting that extends to the turbine duct enclosure.

I'm going to try and have my intakes remain removable. The access to the equipment area is much better through those openings for the future. I have rather large hands and trying to access everything down through the cockpit opening would be impossible.

How many & how did you distribute your air tanks? Looks like you've got one tank servicing 2-3 different valves. I currently have my system separated, such that each LG strut has it's own separate air tank & valve =3 tanks. The wheel brakes & wing speed brakes share a tank & the fuse speed brakes & tail hook share a tank. 5 total

David S