RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Rustler Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 07:16 PM
coinworker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Rustler Thread

Wow... Information overload!!!! i just got done reading nearly two years of post on this thread. so many things in my head!! I got a rustler xl-5 pretty recently and of course i can't just leave it stock. So far all i have done to it is add a rpm front bumper and a traxxas wheelbar. i also bought a 2s 4000 blue lipo 30c hardcase and it fits great! Unfortunately i just broke the wheelie bar at its base. i feel like i read somewhere that RPM makes a motor protector that the traxxas bar can mount to, does anyone have a link to that? Also where was it that people are getting those shock covers? Those things are awesome! i have been inspired by Ka350kaptain, that red and black look, is rockin!! Although, i think mine will be built for off road bashin and have a white body... but i am still dreaming up her new look!

One last question. When i decide to go brushless i have been looking around and found this deal [link]http://www.hobbypartz.com/car.html[/link]
My question is... how does this compare to the vxl system... is the vxl system worth the money or can i get a better setup cheaper somewhere online, also does anyone know if the stock pinions will fit on the motor in the link?

I know i have a lot of questions but hey i actually spent the time to read the last two years worth of post so i could be somewhat informed when i started posting.
Thanks guys!