RCU Forums - View Single Post - VectorFlight Sukhoi ARF tips wanted
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2003, 05:52 PM
Wazted
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VectorFlight Sukhoi ARF tips wanted

In process of building one now. Damn nice covering and seems to be build like a swiss watch. Attention to detail is outstanding.

Only negative is the instructions really leave a lot to be desired. They are not very detailed so make sure this isn't your first plane building exp or you will get too blasted frustrated. The assumption is that this is being built by experienced builders and you should automatically know how to install a fuel tank and where it goes and how to secure it..because there is not one word in the instructions about it. And that is my only complaint.

The product itself arrived with a cracked cowl that probably happened in shipping but a single email to VF and they called me back on the phone. After we determined where it was cracked they told me the best way to repair it as a temperary measure and promised to send a new one out immediately. They also promised to send some touch up paint so I could paint the repaired one so I would have a spare. You just cant beat Customer Service like that.

They also make a couple of other suggestions like reinforcing the tail feathers with angle stock and placing washers under the rear of the landing gear to move the wheels a little forward. Said they had heard it was easy to nose dive in tall grass.

Very pleased so far.