RCU Forums - View Single Post - are these blades any good for cp pro?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 01:25 PM
jroo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Finally got flight in. I was going to take both, 250 and 450 out, but the 450 batteries were not fully charged. It's been raining for 2 days here, and we finally got a break. It's about 50 degrees and very still. I took the 250 right down the road to the football field of a local middle school. It was really nice. There is a brand new surfaced track around the field, so its a real nice place to stand and take-off/land.

I got to fly a pack and a half. In the middle of the second flight, the heli felt a bit weird. I brought it down, and sure enough, the linkage ball on the elevator servo was backing out. Those things drive me nuts. It's a tiny little arm and the linkage ball screw it too short to get a nut on the other site. I spoke to a guy on heli-freak that said he 'pressed' a nut 'into' the arm and screwed it into that. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. This is why I was asking a few days ago about metal servo arms for this thing. I'll figure something out; unless someone has a bright idea. I would like to just buy some linkage balls that have longer thread.

The flight went pretty good though. I've not flown in awhile, but have been on the sim quite a bit. It's helped a ton. I feel so much more comfortable, and I'm not so apprehensive about flying from my left, less-dominate side.

Well that's about it for me. Ah, the guy that bought my Blade 400 wants my MCX. I'm selling for $50 + 15 shipping. Not bad for the heli that started it all!

James