RCU Forums - View Single Post - Telemetry in F3A
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 07:56 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Telemetry in F3A

ORIGINAL: guille2006

To design a good pattern plane is one thing, to design THE pattern plane that does'nt needs any extra input for couplings or so is very very difficult.

In any case, I agree that F3A shold be a nude and crude coordination man-plane whitout any computer trick in the middle... as Mike31 said: ''I agree. 2 thumbs and eye/hand coordination. That's flying! ''
Regards
Guille
Many (but not all) of today's F3A designs can be "TRIMMED" to fly without mixing almost in every attitude that's critical. The lone exception is probably the power-off downline. In other words, mix free flying for today's thoroughbreds is more a matter of flight trim than design

As far as telemetry of any kind goes, I don't want to see it in competition. However, it has value for certain key outputs such as battery voltage, RF link signal strength at various locations of the flight stage, etc., just not in competition.

I don't want to see and will not support any telemetry aids for Judging. Mechanical aids that are hand held (pencils for example), are already in use and are fine. But electronic feedback of attitude/direction, altitude, distance, speed, or angular delta to the judge's stand, etc., must be forbidden in competition.

Practice sessions however, are wide open in my opinion