RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need Advice Coming back to rc cars after 10+ years
Old 01-20-2011, 05:23 AM
DEMON1C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need Advice Coming back to rc cars after 10+ years

I could have sworn that he has XL-5 & Titan 12T in his slash (could be another car he has. He has several) that I am getting from him. 

sloppyG: I thought I read somewhere that the XL-5 does have a low voltage cut off for LiPos.?.? If not no big deal Ill just get a good NiMh. Also I don't plan on going brushless with this Bandit. After I get the ESC and motor from my friend all I plan on getting for it is a couple of batteries for it. Then I'm gonna start saving for a new truck.

After I get the ESC & Motor talking battires if I end up getting NiMh's ...... will 8.4v give me a little more speed than the standard 7.2? I'm trying to understand the battery voltages and how it will effect the car speed. I'd really like the car to be faster than it currently is without having to totally replace the gearbox with more durable parts. Any suggestions?

If I haven't already mentioned it you guys are awesome for the input and I really appreciate all the advise.