RCU Forums - View Single Post - poor traction issue, suggestions please!
Old 01-21-2011, 02:28 PM
diabolic-mind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: poor traction issue, suggestions please!

i understand that it has limits but on the snow at low angles it sits still spinning the tracks, and i know that it can climb much steeper angles on non snow surfaces so im guessing it must be the tracks. the only reason i asked about flipping the tracks around was because in reverse it seems to climb stuff much better. perhaps this is due to the weight of the motors and gearboxes. i will add more weight to the front and see if that helps. as far as the speed goes, im thinking of having 2 setups for it, during the summer when there isnt snow to go climbing through id like the tank to run faster, and have more traction in the winter. i could have both simply by switching the gearbox and motors for summer, and then switching to the other setup for the winter months. and im not looking to make it a dragster, it is just wicked slow right now. for speed i have a modified traxxas rustler which serves the need for speed quite nicely. ill get some videos of my tank running on flat ground at full speed. to me it doesnt seem as fast as other bulldogs ive seen. also the trim slider for left and right on my controller is set all the way to the left just for it to run straight. could this have something to do with the tanks speed?