RCU Forums - View Single Post - poor traction issue, suggestions please!
Old 01-21-2011, 06:28 PM
diabolic-mind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: poor traction issue, suggestions please!

i decided tonight to pull the gearboxes out and do the break in procedure to it. i used the method of running the gearboxes with toothpaste in the gears. i also used a 12 volt power supply for it. i probably should have done this sooner but my tank only has around 5 hours of actual drive time on it. but after doing the break in and driving it again it seems to have a significant increase in speed. ill get it out tommorrow for a full test run but im pretty sure that as of right now i might be happy with the speed. i also ran the motors individually out of the bearboxes with the 12volt power supply to break in the brushes. cant wait to try it out. it not only has more speed but it also seems to be less noisy and runs smoother. ill post back tommorrow with some info.

on a different not im considering buying several small screws and screwing them in through the inside of the tracks with the tips pointing down to give it some more traction. then again doing this might require several hours of drilling and screwing them in. not sure if i want to spend that much time doing it lol