RCU Forums - View Single Post - poor traction issue, suggestions please!
Old 01-22-2011, 09:38 AM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: poor traction issue, suggestions please!

ORIGINAL: diabolic-mind

im pretty sure the motors are just fine being broken in at 12volts. ive broken in alot of motors using 12 volts and never had problems. the reason i used 12 volts for the break in is to get a higher rpm and thus getting a quicker wear on the brushes. i tested it all out after breaking in the motors this way and the tank is running much better. im gonna add some more weight tonight and give it a go tomorrow and see how it runs. hopefully we dont get any fresh snow fall so that i can test it out with the added weight in the same spots i had trouble getting up today. i will also pick up some rubber and ca and try adding the pads to the tracks. hopefully that and the added weight give it the traction im looking for
Not true you just did more damage than good... the reason why you break in a motor at low voltage is so the brushes don't ark (spark) alot and 100% fully shape and mate to the Comutator so your motor gets most effecent. What you just did caused alot of arking being you ran a motor rated most probably at 8.4 volts limit at 12V you brushes where arking like crazy fouling the comutator from the extra hight voltage and extra strain... You need to do some web researching on electric RC motor break in and learn a good old lesson.