RCU Forums - View Single Post - are these blades any good for cp pro?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 08:08 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick,

Nice to hear you had a relaxing birthday...do try to take some time from work and hobby and spend it with friends...your early 20's (and youth ) only come around once in a lifetime so don't let it pass you by! Trust me...when you finish school and have a full time job, a family, etc. your going to wish you could revisit your heyday's. Alright, enough with the life lecture.

James,

That is some really good work on that wire braiding...did you really have to remove the connector to get the braid on - I heard that was part of the process which is why I never looked into it. Great job! That picture really shows the size of the 250...amazing the engineering that goes into them.

I see you also got a key cam...I posted a video some pages ago of where I mounted mine on the wing of an electric airplane and flew around my subdivision...got some really cool aerial vid.

Edit: Here it is if you want to take a look: [link=http://www.vimeo.com/15076014]Aerial Video[/link]

Just a suggestion of something I found on mine...leave it plugged into your USB port for several hours just before your going to use it and you should have a decent charge on the battery (at least that's the way it is for mine). JPEE did a mod where he installed a separate battery to the unit which really extended the life of the camera...think his battery died or something...sure he'll chime in with the details later.

JPEE,

Hope the winds die down for you so you can test out your heli cam mount again. Just out of curiosity your going to be testing it along with your new Neu motor right?

Well guys, looks like I'm going to be joining Glenn in the cold north...we are flying to Gettysburg on Wednesday to visit my inlaws. I think it is going to be interesting with our son taking his first plane trip...hope he'll be alright. I'm sure there will be snow for him to play in.

The 500 is almost done too. Looks like I had to replace one of the mixing arms...noticed one got slightly bent in the crash and I would have missed it had I not laid it down side by side to the other one. But sure enough it had a slight bend. Got real lucky in that the repairs cost me less than $100...I know it could have been a lot worse. [:-]

Mark