RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dynamite "Truggy" .26 Mach 2
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 09:02 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Default RE: Dynamite

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

Interesting...

Again, I can only say what my experience has been. And THAT has been - the Mach 427 is a great engine.. Probably the best I've had.. My first teal-head had about eight gallons(more or less..) on it - in a Muggy, then raced in an RC8 buggy and then Hyper ST Pro and RC8T, then I had it sent off to be pinched.. - about a year ago... Fired it up in my DM-1 a couple days ago(been sitting in a drawer for over year..), and it started right up and went great.. It's like some incredibly loyal and well-behaved dog that just won't give up.. Cheap, good power, good run time, user-friendly... I have at times in the past said I would be perfectly happy to only ever run Mach 427's ever again - whether racing or bashing, buggy, truggy, MT, SC8, DM-1 - whatever.. Still stand by it.. Just got other stuff to try new things for the hell of it or cuz I fell for a deal.. But if this new Mach 26 truggy version with the red head really is just a (teal)427 with a red head, I'd get one in a heartbeat... And keep getting them as long as I run nitro...
I have an Orange 427 thats only seen about a gallon of fuel and it runs really good, but it hasnt ran-in far enough to pull the wheels up yet.. I think a bigger carb would really help the 427. I think the carb throat is only 7mm which I feel is a tad small. The SH .28 I have has a 9.5mm carb. I've been tempted to try it and see what happens - though I think 9.5 might be a bit too big. Isn't there a carb out there that fits the 427 and has different inserts?

Either way, both of my engines run great for what I want them to do.. I don't race, but sometime down the road I'm gonna put a screamer in one of my LST2's..