RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dynamite "Truggy" .26 Mach 2
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 09:23 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Dynamite

ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r

ORIGINAL: supertib

On a engine as low powered as a Mach 427 a 7 mm carb is more then enough.... I doubt going to a 9 mm will make any more power, in fact it may lose a little power.........
Well, let me ask you this.. I have 2 LST2's. 1 with a 427 orange, and 1 with an SH .28 p6. The .28 truck is far more powerful than the 427 truck - the .28 truck is 3mph faster than the 427 truck. I guess I'm curious as to why a 427 wouldn't benefit from a bigger carburetor.. A difference of 3mph seems like a lot considering the only visible differences are the .02ci higher displacement and the 2.5mm difference in carb size. Obviously there could be differences in the timing of the ports between the two engines but I can't imagine they would time the .28's that much different than the .26's. I didnt get out a caliper and measure the ports, but they look pretty darn close to the same size and shape between the two.

Supertib - I by no means doubt what you have to say, but could you elaborate a little bit? You know more about nitro engines than anyone else I've ever come in contact with and wouldn't mind learning a thing or two from ya..

The answer is abundantly obvious - if you don't drive a Picco - preferably one of his... - it doesn't matter cuz everything else is junk, and your thinking that your non-Picco engine actually suits your needs quite well thanks very much is in fact a delusion....

And oh yeah, while you're at it, ditch the LST2's and get a truggy. But only a Mugen truggy, cuz everything else is junk...

Etc etc...