RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fried Eclipse 7
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 07:45 AM
Brendan Lugo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fried Eclipse 7

ORIGINAL: Black Cloud

HiTec returned my transmitter and replaced two ICs that had burned out. I have since replaced the battery as I still have suspicions with it. Now however I am suffering from RFI such that the Stik is unflyable. The RFI is present even with the Rx completely removed from the plane and I tested it on three different Rx's with the same results, jittery servos. I also notice that the voltage reading fluctuates wildly (10.0-13.??) when either the left or right stick is moved to the extreme upper limit of travel. (ie full down elevator or full throttle in mode 2). Out of curiosity, I opened the transmitter case and the solder job that was done on one of the IC's is terrible!!. There's some kind of gunk ( I assume some sort of flux) smeared all around the vicinity of the IC and the SMT pieces look like they've been moved around along with a bunch of cold solder joints. (Yes, I know that leadless solder joints can look like cold solder joints but this is really extreme.) The whole repair area looks bad. It's about the size of an old 50 cent piece. I understand that when replacing a soldered IC that it won't look like new but compared with the other IC solder job, this is just bad all around. How long is the repair warranty, if any, and what do I have to do to rectify this situation? The transmitter is currently unuseable.

Thanks

Sending a PM