RCU Forums - View Single Post - Telemetry in F3A
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 12:17 AM
Aresti-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Telemetry in F3A

Actually the Prog.Mixes, Mode "Offset", the parameters "Offset ON", "Offset OFF", "Speed IN", and "Speed OUT", "Delay START", and "Delay STOP" can manage changes in the surface mixed (up to four) at certain times after the mix is activated or deactivated. Pretty cool. Doesn't work too well with slow maneuvers (such as slow rolls) because variation in speed of the plane or weather (wind) conditions. But for snap rolls, it is the best inventions since flight conditions (illegal though!)

Speed IN and OUT basically controls the velocity of the surface to reach the selected Offset point. Max (slower) is 27.

Delay START and STOP controls the time between you hit the switch and the surface reacts to move to the selected offset point.

For example, if you select Offset on 20%, Speed in 27, and Delay start 3s, the radio will wait 3 seconds after you hit the switch selected to activate the mix, and then slowly move the surface to 20% more than the current position.

If you are still flying glow (YS), there is a pretty neat trick I use to start the engine with a regular glow plug ignitor. I programmed a 20% offset to the throttle, with 3s Delay OUT, linked to Switch F (momentary switch) So, get everything ready to start, hit the switch, put the ignitor, and apply the electric starter. 3 seconds later the carb will open to low idle and the engine should start with no backfire!