RCU Forums - View Single Post - Setting up flaps
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 12:13 PM
baronbrian
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Setting up flaps

Rich- I don't think GLID mode will help in this situation. I had a pattern plane with quad flaps programmed under the GLID mode once on my 347. again, not sure if he is using retracts- if he is the glid mode uses channel 5 for one of the wing options, not for gear. a few other things like no snap roll switch are also a result of using GLID. Remember that in Glid mode that you don't have too, but the software is set up so that the flaps will be deployed with the throttle stick. there is no 3 position flap option in the sailplane mode.

The best way to have 3-position flaps may be to use two 2-position switches to activate them. set up your flaps and have them deploy to position 1 (mid or half flap) when you pull the flap switch, then set up a Flap>Flap mix on another switch so that by flipping that switch with the flaps "on" drops them further. if you can't mix that much additional flap then you might have to do it backward and make the flap switch deploy full flap and then use a flap>flap mix to reduce the amount of flap travel for the mid position (try -50% to start and work from there) the flap switch then effectively becomes the flap on/off switch, while the mixing switch chooses half/full flaps when the flaps are active. I did this on a friend H9 Cessna 182 with his 6102. that radio has no 3 position switches or pots. The nice thing about this for your 783 is that you can still use the landing mode if you wish for elevator compensation while landing, but get the flap amounts right first before adding elevator compensation.