RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2.4 - Why Are They Failing?
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 04:46 PM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2.4 - Why Are They Failing?

ORIGINAL: HellcatAce

ORIGINAL: Zor

HellcatAce,

Please look up the word ''modulation'' in a good dictionary.

An oscillation of constant amplitude and non-varying frequency or phase is a carrier and does not transmit any intelligence.

It has to be interrupted such as when transmitting Morse code or other codes or it has to be varying in amplitude or in frequency or in phase to carry some intelligence like the commands to our model aircrafts.

The variation is referred to as ''modulation''.

Note ___I will not pursue the subject.

Zor
Red inserts by Zor

Well thats great, except the fact 2.4 radios operate on a digital carrier. I never heard (except now) of a "digital carrier". A digitally modulated carrier, yes, but not a digital carrier.That carrier is not modulated in the analog fashion you correctly desicribed. I did not say that a carrier is modulated ONLY by analog fashion. A carrier can be modulated in many ways as I mentioned. It is a constant oscillating frequency that carries a digital bit stream. The constant oscillating frequency is the carrier. The digital bit stream is the modulation. Any oscillator can produce harmonics Yes which can be perceived as modulation Harmonics, if produced,do carry the modulation but not usable. by any device which must accept outside interference. devices that do not reject the harmonics Last time I looked at my microwave, it didn't have a sharp tuned mask filter system, which would be required to eliminate any harmonics created by the microwave's oscillator. If it did not last time you looked, it will not next time you look .
Microwave oven are tuned by a cavity which has a very high Q ( for readers unacquainted, the Q is a measure fo the sharpness of the resonant circuit, a cavity in this casecontrolling the oscillating frequency). Harmonics would be very low level and above 10 Ghz.

So in this case, a microwave oven can indeed cause interference to a 2.4 radio.
Possibly but I made some test with my Spektrum AR7000 and placed the Rx and its satellite at different locations around the microwave and right against it and I did not see any problems interfering with it while the Tx was 30 feet away (my house is not 100 feet long __) and on low range test power level. Every time the system was turned on it bound and servos responded correctly.
Regards to all from Zor.