RCU Forums - View Single Post - A great R/C loss?
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 05:27 PM
TitaniumXRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A great R/C loss?

I was setting at my computer last night posting on my fave R/C forum when I herd a loud “BOOM”. (It sounded like my landscaping neighbor had dropped some heavy equipment off of his trailer.) Suddenly I felt a great loss in the (R/C) FORCE, as if hundreds of happy voices had been suddenly silenced.

Twenty minutes later my wife got a text that there was a big rig explosion on the freeway on the overpass near my house. We went outside to see the fire, however by that time the fire was out, and all I could see was smoke that covered the horizon, with the reflection of red lights.

This is what happened

MORENO VALLEY: Fiery crash caused 6-hour freeway closure
By
PE News
on January 26, 2011 7:44 AM

Last night's fiery big-rig crash — and the resulting cleanup — in Moreno Valley closed the eastbound lanes of Highway 60 for more than six hours, forcing motorists to detour until 3:25 a.m. today, California Highway Patrol officers say.

The wreck happened at 9:14 p.m. Tuesday near near Frederick Street when 59-year-old big-rig driver Martin Lopez of Van Nuys made an unsafe turn and crashed the 2002 Freightliner into the center divider, Officer Sylvia Vargas said in a written statement.

Lopez was unhurt, but flames destroyed the cab and the truck's trailer, which was loaded with 6,000 pounds of radio-controlled toy cars, according to the statement.

Debris initially closed even the westbound carpool and fast lanes, which were reopened at 11:18 p.m. But the eastbound closure persisted.

"It's a tractor-trailer. They had to unload the debris (of the burned cargo). They're just a big mess," Officer Jaci Parent said from the Traffic Management Center in San Bernardino. "The cleanup takes awhile."
— RICHARD BROOKS
[email protected]

This is indeed a sad day of mourning.