RCU Forums - View Single Post - JC 60cc Engine
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 04:29 AM
aussiesteve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JC 60cc Engine

ORIGINAL: Q500RC

Well Steve is the 23cc, 32cc and the 60cc your designs that Henry had and tried to get going with JC late last year?? BTW the 2 letter engine made here in the US is only
$525.00 without muffler of course but still not bad for a US made engine and likely with good service to go with it! The thing that really caught my attention was the case
was made from 7075T6 instead of the standard 6061T6 aluminum used by most. That alone is enough to get my interest up in that 2 letter brand and makes it a much
better deal at that price!
Hey Q500RC

No, these are pretty much all his other than a number of design element suggestions given to Kevin a long time ago.
My own developments of the 23, 32, 38 and 42 have not been fully shared to anybody other than my prototype pilots and my staff. Those are highly unlikely to ever see the light of day in a production run as I am using my manufacturing equipment for more "politically stable" and profitable purposes now. The 42 and the 38 were identical except for bore size, all were exceptionally powerful for their size with the focus being on mid range torque curves (as was shown in the videos of them flying planes designed for much larger engines).

The JC 60cc was never one of mine. I did suggest a couple of the design elements a long time ago but the overall "design" rests with the company that does the Manufacturing for Kevin (the same company behind SV etc) and the 3W 55 and the DA 85 that were given to him by one of his European Dealers to copy. Some of Kevins "artistic license" from his Drafting company (his main business) has no doubt crept in to unbalance the performance (as is usually the case).

I haven't seen the "JC 28 EVO3" (30 / 32cc) in the flesh (nobody else has seen it either to my knowledge) but the simulation of it I saw showed a "DM32" (sold under quite a few brandnames) with a CNC's crankcase that is similar to the current 28cc crankcase. I did make a number of suggestions to the design some time ago, whether they were implemented and how they were implemented remains to be seen.

The 23cc - also not seen in the flesh. The simulation of it I saw showed a 3 standoff mount. Again, some suggestions were given but if or how they got followed is another story.

I agree with you, the way the Chinese engines (or all products in general) seem to be heading, it makes the likes of BME (oops - that is 3 letters, I wonder which was the 2 lettered one ) become a much better consideration. When an entire countrys economy needs around 7% growth to stay afloat and that is based on exports, Service and quality must take a back seat to mass production and price. Imagine if they produced great quality products that lasted a long time - their economy would stagnate and we would have to pay more taxes to help them out[&:].