RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another T-55 build/review
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 10:05 AM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Another T-55 build/review

I was hoping to have my kit by now as i wanted to take it too Danville in April. money right now sucks and i have 3-4 projects in the holding stages due to lak of funds.
 I did however decide upon a project that i have nearly everything to get started.
 I decided to make my KV-1 a KV-85. Then i decided to go one step better. A KV-122. I have a spare T-34/85 turret that can be reworked to resemble the KV-85/1222 turret and the hull assembly. 
 I plan on using the Tamiya Pershing gun barrel and recoil stay and mechanism. Why go 85. Go big or go home. Know these where interim tanks in service while the Russians where waiting for the Stalin takes to hit the factories but very cool and Lethal to boot. Can't wait to get started.
 The extra T-34/85 hull I will use for an SU 85 or 100 Tank destroyer which i have wanted to build for some time, 
Now i have the hulls and turrets to make 2 separate unique vehicles with on hand bits and parts. 
 I am going to do a pictorial on the KV-122 build to show just what exactly needs to be changed to the turret and hull. Should be a lot of fun.