RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lets hear about your Thunder Tiger Neptune SB-1.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:05 PM
AQUASUB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lets hear about your Thunder Tiger Neptune SB-1.

Hear are some more pictures of what I have made to make the sub super manueverable and a very inexpensive mod of about 35.00bucks!

The 6th chanel is used with a micro switch/ servo to engage or turn on the 10 amp micro Motronics ESC that is installed above the power board and still leaves spacefor more,the power is turned off and on at will by this switch and the rudderis also connectedviaa 'Y' harnes so that the rudder stick can also be used and at the same time as the rudder if needed at will.This allows for the reduction in power as the ESC is not needed all the time in forward motion and conserves power.

The moter is a water pump can motor that has a 4mm shaft adapter themotor is glued in place at the bulkhead and a Simitar 4 mm seal is also installed then a 4mm stainless U joint and a 1/8 in adapter or tube from K and Smakes the reduction for the Techknics input components I will show later.

The Thruster uses 1 inch pvc unions cut to fit the props. The hole unit can beremoved for easy service with the 4 screws seen in the pictures,the very nice thing about legos is that the exact possitionis maintained since the unit just snaps into place,the base stays on the sub,I will showmoredetails.

Dave Amur Sub Yard