RCU Forums - View Single Post - (Chasing a ghost RC) - Nikko Toyota Landcruiser
Old 01-27-2011, 02:36 PM
MdniteToker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (Chasing a ghost RC) - Nikko Toyota Landcruiser

Hey..

Recently i have been amazed by the simple fact that you can find the strangest andmost forgottenthings on theweb.
Just last week I found an old lost friend, that I've been searching for since ever..! The Shinsei Mountain Man.. My very first "real" RC car.. A side from the lowgrade Toy-shop standards..
Now.. finding one for sale is another thing. But still, I had almost given up looking. I should add that I had no idea what it was called until last week..

This time,the search is foranother oldie that my dad let us play around with in the early 80's.
I only have my memory to go by on this one, and my dads.. I actually had him over today for pancakes with my son and me And we started adding up some descriptions and possible matches.

Now, I distinctly remember some of the features.
A mix between a Marui Golden eagle Jeep, and the Tamiya Sand Rover.

It had the same tire setuplike thepicture in the middle.
My dad was kinda clear on the fact that it was a Toyota, and aopen jeep.. Something like an oldLandcruiser. Which makes sense with the Marui, exept it was longer. And no Wheelie machine.

Now here is something we both could remember clearly...On the bed in the back, ithad a2- possibly 3 speed shifter stick. In the shape of a T.. going left-right.. well you get it..
The colour was a dark Olive green, and it may have had some (today)retro 70'scoloured stickers.. (but we couldn't agree on that one)

Can anyone remember something fitting to the description?

I'll post some more, when my memories clears a bit..+ i gottaget up early.. lol