RCU Forums - View Single Post - poor traction issue, suggestions please!
Old 01-27-2011, 07:12 PM
afv aficionado

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts
Default RE: poor traction issue, suggestions please!

Hi Philipat
Why the What -a - liner? I had tried liquid electrical tape, which was a suggestion that I'd seen in one of the posts, but found that that was rather expensive - in NZ - and came off much too readily, plus the stuff dried up in the can very quickly.
Googled and found Chirienterprises, then saw their free sample offer, so thought I'd try it. Got the non slip first, which basically is the 'goop' with sand, which fills in the holes in the tracks really well. Unfortunately I then realised I should have got the smooth version to do the track pads, to get the right 'look'. Have stuck with the non slip tracks though, as I intend to use them on my ARV, when I get around to doing that, because it will need extra grip to tow with.
Since got the smooth version, and found that it is not only good for the track pads - 3 coats - but also fills in as a Mr Surfacer replacement to do cast armour, can be used to do rubber areas - wheels, antenna etc. Have also thought it might be good as asphalt covered roadway.
Basically as a freebie - even with the $25.00 postage to NZ - it was well worth it.

PS I'm not an employee/shareholder of Chirienterprises - in case you wondered.

Mal