RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)
Old 01-31-2011, 05:39 AM
gregory.aldrich1
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

Very good points Brad. I have decided to switch to "cool power" for the reasons you wrote about. I have experienced some of the problems you wrote about as well. Because of them, I now store all my aircraft indoors and keep them climate controlled. Just curious, what percent nitro do you run in your B-25? I bought gallons of 10% cool power to break in the multiple engines I am installing in aircreft this year. I will most likely stick with 10% for the non-performance birds but I was wondering if I will get what I need for the twin Saito 82's in the mitchell. I'm sure breaking them in with 10% is fine, but wonder if switching to 15% for actual flying would be best. What's your choice?
Also, appreciate the notes on the RF editors. I had 3.5 and remember them, but never actually tweaked any craft. But I am looking to make the default Mitchell included with the expansion pack into a more realistic rendition of our B-25 birds. I'm thinking of adding weight, a gyro, duplicating the Saito 82 performance if possible and simulating one engine out senarios. There may be other things as well, but I haven't got the Tower shipment yet which has the sim. When I get it and can get started on the adjustments, I might be asking you for some help. Hope that's okay. Have a good one, Greg