RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)
Old 01-31-2011, 07:02 AM
RCGuy41

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

Hi Greg,

Since I'm flying the smallest engines recommended by TF (OS 462S) for the B-25, I'm using Coolpower 15% for the added power. I have noticed a few guy's using 30% fuels, not a good idea, my reason; aircraft engines are designed to be light but strong with good cooling qualities not unless it's cowled then we have to provide good cooling. When using 30% nitro in an engine designed for 15% or less you generated more heat at point of ignition creating greater pressure in turn putting more stress on the cylinder head and retaining screws. Helo engines are designed with that idea, greater heat and pressure to turn massive rotor blades to include a cooling system that puts ours to shame. As for a 4S engine use the same fuel for brake-in (10%) as you would for flight but use a smaller prop during brake-in, IE. brake-in with a 11-8 and fly with a 12-6. You may loose some RPM but you will have a more reliable running engine over time, as usual any choice of fuels is up to you, all I can do is provide advice the final decision is up to you my friend. If you can find coolpower (10-15%), buy it, I know that GPA hobbies in crofton stocks it.

I'm going to start getting back into my RF 3.5 and work on some of my saved planes, should be interesting to see what I can make.