RCU Forums - View Single Post - Can I Produce Washout with Ailerons
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 07:53 PM
Merlin Man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Can I Produce Washout with Ailerons

Hi,

Yes, I agree that another model choice would be the solution. But, I amsorta stuck with this one and I would like to improve it.

As we know,, this is a high wing loading but not extreme or even higher than I have flown before..( I havean ESM 72" Spitfire with a 16lb weight and higher wing load as was a 22lb. 82" P51. both of these, with flaps and generous were easily manageable if they went deadstick which occasionally happened. ) They have about 2* washout.

I have just used a borrowed Laser wing incidence meter and asI suspected there isWASH IN inthe wing tips.!! How could a manufacturer get away with that !! I think this is amajor contributor to these stalls ?

Using this meter for the first time (and without instructions) I am not sure how the "scale" graduations relate to DEGREES but it does show the relative incidences. The root has a reading of '3 " and the tip of "2.5" and the other is "2 " These would be roughly degrees so the wash in is not much BUT the fact it is there explains alot in my opinion. What do you guys think ?

( BTW this meter is absolutely great ! It's a Great Planes one.)

Cheers,
M.M. ..........................the Rolls Royce/ Packard one .