RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)
Old 01-31-2011, 08:39 PM
Speedracer2112

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

I took my B-25 to the field on both Sat and Sunday. About ten flights total. I just love this plane....and she loves me too. I have OS82a's with 13x7 APC's and retracts on Cool Power 15%. She is just wicked fast. I had the guys at the field egging me on to do things that are not exactly "scale". Inverted flight, hammer heads, deliberate death spirals, loops, rolls, stalls and hovering. I even induced a flat spin that freeked me out a bit.

On Real flight. It is pretty close to what you can do with a plane that is set up perfect and is "over powered". Thats the trick, it has to be perfect. As most of you know my first B-25 went in on her maiden flight. I tried to fly her like others had recommended and not like she should be. I had no expos and was scared to death. It was a bad combo.

She will do anything I ask her to do and the only rules my plane has are the following.

1. Nose down at all times at low speed. I can have the flaps and gear down with the motors at idle as long as I have the nose pitched down with out fear. Keep your speed up during level flight.

2. Never jerk her elevator even at high speeds unless you like death spirals.

3. Land on the mains! Three points touch downs will bend your nose pin.

Thats about it. Shes a tough bird for sure.

I dont know how you guys are getting your plane all oily? Mine stays very clean and a paper towel per nacelle is about it for clean up. And trust me, she is spotless before she hangers up for the day.

SR