RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)
Old 02-01-2011, 04:58 PM
gregory.aldrich1
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

Hey Bill, Greg here. Don't wish to speak out of turn or answer someone elses question, but I am using Saito 82b's and I think there isn't much difference between the A's and B's except for a different size case. I think the exhaust port is generally in the same place. What I did is use a 90 degree adapter along with the original pipe, then into a straight muffler used for the Saito 65's. I had the same setup on a Saito 100 in a Super Skybolt and it actually added a little power and sounded awesome. Now, I can't neccessarily recommend the 90 degree fitting because it is actually designed for application of a flex pipe. Of course I found this out after the fact and am hoping I wont experience any major problems because of it. But, if you used the 90 adapter and a flex pipe with a bracket attached to the nacelle structure just outside of the cowl, you would be within what Saito recommends. I am going to use the mufflers because I already bought them and they are installed. I will sure up the installation with a bracket or two when I am back inside the nacelles again while installing the glow drivers. Not sure if it helps, but thought since I am using a very similar engine, you might want to get my ideas as well. If you go back a few pages, I have some photos posted of the under cowl install.
Take care, Gerg