RCU Forums - View Single Post - giant top-flite p-51 mustang
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 07:48 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RE: giant top-flite p-51 mustang

ORIGINAL: 51-D GUY

In answering the Question , YES , the 3500 is enough power , & Zeeb , a 35 cc engine on glow fuel is going to make alot more power than a 35 cc on gas ,

Size for size , Glow always will produce more power even in the engines you have mensioned .

51-D GUY.
Who mentioned ANYTHING about "Size for size"?

Up until the release of the DLE-20, I'd have said there was a place for glow engines in the .90 size models and below. I've had good results running YS engines but the DLE-20 has changed that with some spectacular performance so there's a good gas alternative for those .90 size models now as well. With the price of glow fuel and having to clean up the slime afterward, there's no reason not to go gas if an engine is available for the intended size model. There's even less reason to go glow with a 1/5th scale size model.

A 50 to 60cc gasser is the way to go with this model. The DLE-55 is quite reasonable pricewise compared to the OS, will run circles around it, is only a tiny bit heavier and will only burn about 1oz. of fuel per minute of $3.00 a gallon pump gas. The new DA-60 is a horse and actually weighs LESS than the OS in question....

The DA-50 is the lightest of the bunch and as mentioned Jtec has special mufflers for the DA engines and this model and those muffs will also fit the DLE-50/55 AND you can get Keleo functional scale type exhaust for the DA/DLE to fit this model if you want.

And I'm not interested in any "it won't fly scale", "it's too much engine" or similar comments usually heard from the Warbird guys who I guess don't understand throttle management or the fact that there is a rudder on the model and when to use it....